The Nutrition Division is staffed with licensed dietitians/nutritionists who specialize in nutrition care for children, pregnant women, and adults.
Examples of indications for nutrition visit:
|Inappropriate growth in children|
|Diabetes or pre-diabetes|
|Other- including client request for nutrition visit|
- Referrals can be made by patients, parents, medical providers, social workers, teachers and other professionals.
- Patients or their parents must sign referrals.
- If the medical care provider signature is not available, the name and contact number for the provider must be given.
- Fill out the referral online or mail/fax to the address below:
Durham County Department of Public Health Nutrition Clinic
414 East Main Street
Durham NC, 27701
- After the nutrition visit, the nutritionist will send a summary of the nutrition encounter to the referring provider.
- Follow-up nutrition visits will be scheduled as needed.
- Fees for nutrition services are based on a sliding scale fee.Medicaid, Medicare Part B, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna are billed when nutrition counselling is a covered benefit.