Emergency Preparedness Program
Public Health threats can be caused by natural, accidental, or intentional means. The purpose of the Emergency Preparedness Program is to strengthen and enhance the capability of the community to prepare for, respond to and recover from health related threats. Our goal is to save lives by strengthening and enhancing the readiness of Durham County citizens, local public health and health care partners.
The all hazards threat planning approach is accomplished by working with local, regional, state . A coordinated approach to preparing for and responding to health related emergencies increases efficiency by leveraging resources.
To ensure public health is prepared for all types of hazardous threats, the health department does the following:
- Launch Staff Call-downs
- Require Incident Command Training
- Maintain a Respiratory Protection Program
- Partner with local business to become Closed Points of Dispensing Partners
- Host the Durham County Medical Reserve Corps
- Durham County MRC Registration Form
- Develop and Revise Emergency Public Health Response Plans
- Participate in Exercises with other Response Agencies